Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Using the good stuff...

Lately, I've been working on making some altered jewelry. It all started with a few old silver spoons (blogged about here and here) and has continued to keep my interest -so far. I have a lot of good stuff that I have at my finger tips to use at any given moment, if I could only stop long enough to actually use them! Today I'm going to share some of my jewelry that I've made....
More spoon charms.... This little cherub is one of my favorites~ This spoon charm below I used a brass photo charm of my mother when she was a toddler. I am wanting to find her birthstone, an amethyst, to dangle from the hole I drilled in the bottom of the spoon. This spoon was one of my favorites... when I went to bend it, the whole spoon stem snapped clean off the bowlie... nuts. Luckily, I found a super cute silver thingie, that I glued onto the back and now its ready to hang on a chain. Here are some more spoons in the early stages of being worked on. I do these in stages to let the glue have plenty of time to set up. The larger spoon has fresh water pearls and gold and amethyst beads along the edge. I altered some rusty keys... and even more keys.... The next step is to add some altered chains to everything. But for now... here they sit~Here are some drool worthy photos of some loveliness that I get to pick from when ever the need for some bling arises. I've got the vintage pins....I've got the goldtone & jewels....
Vintage pin backed brooches and the like....
A drawer full of charms, and other stuff~Watch parts....Some loose faceted rhinestones... and bags & bags of faceted rhinestones from microscopic to pretty darn big! All of that along with oodles and oodles of flat backed rhinestones~and even more rhinestones....Don't even get me started on vintage linens and the stacks and stacks of dresden embellishments I recently acquired.... *sheesh* I'm seriously thinking I should open an etsy store and sell some of this stuff before I die and have it all end up at a "fill a bag for a buck" yard sale... *sigh* So much stuff-- so little time!! I've linked up to Karla's blog for her "Using the good Stuff" linky party. *woot-woot*