Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Cottage Door

The barbie house I've been working on has two arched doorways on both sides just screaming for Cottage doors. So I obliged. I used two pieces of cardboard to make each door. After cutting the cardboard to fit each opening, I glued tissue paper onto the cardboard to give it some texture. I then coated the tissue paper with a generous amount of Mod Podge and ran the pointy side of a paint brush down the length of the door to create the look of wood planks.Once that was dry, I glued some plastic from a soda bottle to act as the glass in the doors window. I also glued a long piece of fabric to one side of the door, this is going to be the hinge. I glued the two pieces of the cardboard doors together, sandwiching in the plastic window and the fabric hinge. I painted the doors with a dark brown acrylic paint and highlighted the texture of the doors using some lighter paint which I applied with my finger. I used metal tape adhered to card stock to create some added metal work detail to the doors. For the doorknob, I used two pony beads and ran a piece of pipe cleaner through the cardboard-- and using hot glue attached the beads. I covered the open ends of the pony beads with paper clay to give it a more finished look. A little bit of gray paint and that finished it up nicely.I also added some greenery and small roses around the arch of the doorways.....
Here it is all finished~