Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner

Work in progress....

Here is my Cheshire cat that I've been working on for the upcoming Mad Hatter's tea party. I started with just balled up newspaper that I taped onto a foam core base, I formed the ears out of cardstock. I used some flat wooden stir sticks to give the legs and the tail some stability. If I'm going to put all this time & effort into something...I don't want it ruined if it gets dropped and a leg falls off! I used a mixture of equal parts of flour and water to make the paste to put on a few layers of newspaper covering the cats shape. Once that was dried I added the details onto the face and feet with paper clay. Lastly, I added a layer of torn up paper bags using a mixture of Mod Podge and water. The flour paste wasn't as thick as I'd of liked it to be...so the mod podge gave me a harder finished surface. Now I've just got to begin finishing it up. I am going to add some more paper clay to the eyes and maybe tweek the nose a little bit more.... then comes the painting! I am wanting- needing a thick paint to cover the lines created by the paper, I am wanting a smooth finish--- I am clueless as what to use! Oh well...it will come to me-- eventually!